Friday 17 July 2015

Book Review: Wonder

'Wonder' by R. J. Palacio


Rating: 5 stars

I seem to keep getting in a slump of reading several books in a row that I really cannot get into, only to reach this wonderful period of time where I keep discovering more and more beautiful books.

Wonder is one of these beautiful books. I don't know why I didn't read it sooner, but I fell in love with it very quickly. What really got me about the book was how real it felt. The author provides the viewpoints of August, as well as the other children in his life - and all of their behaviour is such a lovely demonstration of the different kinds of people there are in this world.

Wonder is about the kind people and the unkind people, and the people who learn and grow from their previous actions.

“Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.”

Find this review on Goodreads

--Helia

No comments:

Post a Comment