Tuesday 20 March 2018

Books on my Spring TBR

I am not happy with this recent cold weather. It feels like Spring has been postponed indefinitely. Snow is pretty and all, but I have to get to classes and the trains are not having it, nor am I happy to wait in cold train stations as cancellation after cancellation is announced. Hopefully posting this Spring TBR will show the world that I would quite like some warmer weather now, please and thank you. I was not made for the cold.




Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
I've been meaning to read Shatter Me for quite some time. I believe it's finally being published in the UK in the coming months and I have an eARC that I'm excited to get into.

Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman
Another eARC of a book that was first published in the US and is now finally being published in the UK! I've heard nothing but praise for Starfish so I look forward to it.

I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman
The protagonist in this book is British-Iranian and when I heard this I totally freaked out, because that's me! Alice Oseman is my favourite contemporary author and I relate to her books so deeply, so this book is already really important to me. I'm going to devour that eARC.

The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo
This is the final eARC on the list. I got it from a wish on Netgalley - wishes are almost never granted for me! I didn't get time to read it last year, so I'll be amending that soon.



The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
I haven't read any LeGuin yet, so I'm glad one of her books is on my Science Fiction module. I feel like I'll have to work for this one but hopefully I'll like it.

Foundation by Isaac Asimov
Asimov is another classic sci-fi writer that I haven't read yet. I don't know what Foundation is about, but my library copy is sitting prettily on my shelf waiting for me to find out.

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
It's always great when my required reading list has a book I was already planning to read on it. I missed out on the hype for this one, but my friend loves it.

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
AAAA I'm sorry I know I said I would but I still haven't read any Gaiman yet. I NEED to amend this in 2018 because he's so iconic and am I a real fan of the Fantasy genre if I haven't read his books?


Cuckoo Song by Frances Hardinge
My friend got me this book for my birthday and it looks splendidly creepy. I plan to get through all the unread books on my shelf this year, so this is a priority.

Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
I've been meaning to read Bone Gap for ages. The synopsis fascinates me and it sounds weird and wonderful and right up my street. 

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle
I've really missed out on some classic sci-fis, haven't I? I love the sound of this book and I'm also really excited for the movie.

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
My friend insisted I need to read Diana Wynne Jones, which is how I found myself ordering this lovely copy. I also want to see the Studio Ghibli movie based on this book afterwards, but I've heard they're very different (and both excellent).


What books are on your Spring TBR? Have you read and enjoyed any of the books on my list? How is the weather like where you are?

This post was inspired by the prompt 'Books I Could Re-Read Forever' on Top 10 Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

12 comments:

  1. The Graveyard Book is the perfect book for autumn for me, I really liked it! I also want to read Language of Thorns, it's the only Bardugo book I haven't read!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Graveyard Book does sound like it would be an autumn/winter book. If I don't get the chance to read it soon I'll save it for when it gets a little more chilly. The Language of Thorns is also the only Bardugo book I haven't read, not including Wonder Woman: Warbringer which I'm a bit hesitant about.

      Delete
  2. Starfish looks great! I read The Girl on the Train and hope you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does and I've heard excellent things! I actually just finished reading The Girl on the Train. It's not my usual kind of read but I enjoyed the mystery. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Starfish is also on my list this week! I hope you like these other ones...I was disappointed by Bone Gap, but I knew I wouldn't like it because I hate magical realism. Most people love it. :)

    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starfish sounds so good! Thanks, I hope so too. I haven't read much magic realism so I'm not sure what to expect with Bone Gap, but I won't set my expectations too high!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of the books on your TBR yet, but I own copies of most of them and am looking forward to picking them up. I can't believe Shatter Me finally got a UK publisher, because I managed to find a copy in a charity shop a couple of months ago after wanting to read it for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the case with me too at the moment. I keep buying more books and neglecting the ones that have been patiently waiting on my shelf to be read for ages! Shatter Me being published in the UK feels long overdue. It's always talked about in YA spaces but I hadn't realised until recently that it never came out in the UK. I hope you liked it Alyce!

      Delete
  5. Wrinkle in Time is on my list of one-day read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like such a great concept - I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  6. I don't really make TBRs so I wouldn't be able to say when it comes to my own TBR. But I hope you can read all of these and enjoy them all too ^.^ I have read Shatter Me and it wasn't really for me but I hope you'll enjoy it more than I did! Howl's Moving Castle and The Language of Thorn are two I want to read eventually too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia! I'm sorry you didn't love Shatter Me, but thank you - I read it recently and I did enjoy it! I hope you get to read Howl's Moving Castle and The Language of Thorns soon :)

      Delete