Friday 15 November 2019

The OsemanVerse Book Tag

Alice Oseman is one of my absolute favourite authors. Her books mean the world to me and I could relate to them in a way that I couldn't with most other contemporary novels before. So when I saw Alice share a book tag created by Layla at Readable Life, I knew I had to participate! If you want to do the book tag too, remember to link back to the original post. With that, let's begin!


Jimmy Kaga-Ricci - a character you love that overcame something huge
Kiko Himura overcomes so much in Starfish. She deals with social anxiety, lives with an emotionally abusive mother, and faces rejection from the art school of her dreams. My heart ached for her, but this is ultimately a book about hope, and I felt so strongly about her story and growth as a character.







Rowan Omondi - favourite protective character
Magnus Burnsides from The Adventure Zone is chaotically protective. In the podcast, his catchphrase is 'Magnus rushes in' because if someone faces danger he runs in without giving a second thought. He's just as protective in the graphic novel adaptation and it leads to some very chaotic adventures.







Lister Bird - a character that oozes charm
I was instantly charmed by Nikolai Lantsov when he was introduced in the second book of the Shadow and Bone trilogy. I admit it's been a while since I've read the series and I still haven't read King of Scars (I'm sorry!), but I remember him being a very lovable character.







Angel Rahimi - the book you're most passionate about
It's been a while since I've had a book or series which I am so passionate about that I want to force it into the hands of everyone I know, but a few years ago this was definitely The Raven Cycle, which I still adore and need to re-read before Call Down the Hawk is out.







Charlie Spring - favourite bookish OTP
I ship too many things but right now I have to go with Nick and Charlie from Heartstopper (yes, an Alice Oseman book - I tried but I couldn't avoid having at least one be part of this tag!). Their story is so sweet and every update makes me smile so much.







Tori Spring - most mysterious book you've read
I love the occasional mystery and Broken Things by Lauren Oliver definitely provided that. The characters need to go through their memories to figure out what was real and what wasn't to clear their names of their friend's murder. It was dark and twisty and brilliant.







Nick Nelson - a favourite book that brings you joy
I need more happy books! Aside from Heartstopper, What If It's Us is one of the books that has made me smile the most. It's got it's sadder moments, but when I read it last year I couldn't stop smiling. The people on my train probably thought I was very weird to be grinning at my kindle so much.







Nellie - favourite book to snuggle up with
Carry On makes me very happy on every re-read. I admit I was never super into Harry Potter, so Watford was the magical school that I wanted to escape to. Rainbow Rowell's characters jump off the page, and this is a huge comfort read for if I'm feeling down.







Aled Last - a book that helped you get through a rough time
I read a lot of My Hero Academia this year whilst working on my dissertation. I was too stressed to read big chunks of text or read anything that would take up too much brain-space, so reading the manga of a show I've already watched was very helpful in that regard.






Frances Janvier - a character with tons of determination
Harley from Harley in the Sky is incredibly determined to pursue her dreams, to the point where she hurts some people in the process. It was really interesting to read about a character who is driven but also a bit self-destructive, and it definitely made her a more engaging character.









Are you an Alice Oseman fan? What is your favourite of her books? What would you put for the different categories of this tag? Who are some of your favourite authors?

No comments:

Post a Comment