Friday 7 February 2020

Thank you!

It's time to say goodbye to Rose Quartz Reads.



This project started way back in 2015. I had thoughts about the brilliant YA books I was reading and I had to share them. It has brought me so much joy, but truth be told, the spark hasn't been there for a long time. And you know what? That's okay! I hate saying goodbye to things, but I've come to accept that I have achieved all I set out to do with this platform.

It took a long time for me to accept this. I've poured so much of my heart into this project. But I heard something recently that really stuck with me: if you've learnt everything you can from something, it's time to move on.

This was in relation to jobs, but I think RQR still applies. I'm happy with the level I've reached in my book photography skills, and I've said all I've wanted to say on my blog.

This isn't to say I'll never come back! But right now my feeling is that I've developed my writing skills and my artistic sense a lot over these last 5 years, and it is time for new challenges.

My social anxiety has always been more difficult with online interactions, but the fact that I was still able to connect with so many people means a huge amount to me. So thank you, thank you, thank you for sticking around, even though I didn't always comment back and even though posts have been few and far between this past year.

I am satisfied with what I have achieved here. It's time for new beginnings. 🌅

You can find me on:
🌸 Goodreads (because I will always have bookish opinions that need sharing)

🌸 @rainilyahead (my art instagram where I am slowly developing my illustration skills)

🌸 @heliadaryani (my personal account. I've already followed many of you on there already because I still want to see what you're up to! I'll post the occasional book picture and novel writing update along with some selfies, so if that's your jam feel free to follow back and I'll very likely accept your request if we are mutuals here!)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know. Good luck with whatever new project(s) you might decide to work on in the future.

    I sent you a friend request on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'm going to miss you, Helia! But thank you for your posts and for letting us know, good luck for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm so sorry to see you go Helia, and I'll miss you! ♥️ Blogging can become such a chore sometimes; I took a long break in October of 2017 and came back with a completely changed mindset: I will post whenever I want to, and won't let NOT blogging get to me. Sometimes I post 6 times a month and sometimes I don't post for 2 months, and I've been more than happy with it. I hope stepping back helps you out and that if you ever DO decide to come back, it'll be in a much more fulfilling way. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason this shows up as "Unknown" so just letting you know the comment was written by Aimal @ Bookshelves & Paperbacks, lol.

      Delete
  4. I'm terrible when it comes to commenting, but I've been reading your blog for a while and will miss your posts. Still, I understand not getting something from a hobby anymore. Good luck with whatever you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm sorry to see you go! I recently restarted blogging, and was wondering why I wasn't seeing posts from you anymore! <3 Good luck with your future endeavours! And keep me in the loop if you ever come back <3

    ReplyDelete