Tuesday 6 June 2017

Sensational Sci-Fis on my TBR

I absolutely love a good sci-fi, yet somehow I've read very little from the genre. Sci-fis often contain beyond-reality concepts that I either struggle to understand or I struggle to believe (as much as I enjoy The CW's The Flash some of the time travel and science aspects just seem too absurdly impossible, no matter how many clever words they throw into it).



I definitely watch more sci-fi than I read, probably because of the visual aspect the genre often required. But there are some sci-fi books that I think are utterly brilliant, such as Vicious and More Than This where I can actually buy into the science parts, or the sci-fi/contemporary Because You'll Never Meet Me or the Ultraviolet duology where I enjoyed reading it so much that the strength/feasibility of the science bits didn't concern me. I'm hoping I'll be able to find some more utterly lovable sci-fis in the near future because I need them in my life, and I hope some of the following books on my TBR will fulfil that wish!

1. Vengeful by V.E. Schwab (no cover yet)
2. The Love that Split the World by Emily Henry
3. Not Your Sidekick by C.B. Lee
4. Red Rising by Pierce Brown

5. 27 Hours by Tristina Wright
6. Proxy by Alex London
7. Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente

8. The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
9. Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
10. Timekeeper by Sara Tim


Do you like the sci-fi genre? Have you read any of these books? Are any on your TBR? What sci-fis are you looking forward to reading?

4 comments:

  1. Loved Timekeeper!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/top-ten-tuesday-110/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Timekeeper and Not Your Sidekick! I have Empress of a Thousand Skies and 27 Hours on my TBR as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All four books sound so cool and I'm so excited to read them! I've heard excellent things about all of them and have seen them on a bunch of diverse book lists which makes me incredibly happy.

      Delete