Sunday 15 October 2017

Some Changes

I can't lie - blogging is getting hard. Ever since mid-summer when I didn't have good internet and struggled to update, I haven't been able to get back into the stride of things. With no schedule to stick to, my motivation for blogging, for bookstagram, and even for reading vanished.



I think it's also partially related to self esteem. I was more confident in myself in general as a person this time last year than I am now. I'm trying to work out ways to fix this, and I think having a real schedule again will really help since last year I remember feeling far more organised and on top of all of my responsibilities.

My confidence in blogging itself also took a hit. I realised that no one was reading the discussion posts I worked so hard on writing and that meant a lot to me, and the reviews that I so loved writing were going unnoticed. The only views I was getting were from the weekly Top 10 Tuesday posts that I didn't even feel inspired by. The statistics of my blog aren't that important to me - I enjoy doing it regardless of views. But I see with my posts and with posts of blogs I admire that often the less conventional stuff doesn't get the clicks. So I just stopped writing it.

I know this isn't always the rule. But it does feel like there's an imbalance. I'm hoping that by 2018 when I've sorted out my uni/life balance that I can get back to writing stuff like this and this and this and this. I have the ideas waiting and ready to go. I just need the time and the confidence.

The changes that are going to be happening won't be immediate or drastic. I'll still be taking book photos, but not to fill the daily requirement that was bookstagram and instead to simply illuminate my posts. As for the posts themselves, for the rest of 2017 you'll probably be seeing me post once a week. Maybe a couple of those posts will be Top 10 posts, but those won't be a weekly thing anymore. I'll also have a couple of posts of mini reviews on books I've been studying, because some of them really aren't half bad. But for the most part, I'll be focusing on content that inspires me and that I want to write about.

In the mean time, I'm going to catch up with comments and see what amazing things you lovely people have shared in the last month. I hope we'll see more of each other soon 😊💖

No comments:

Post a Comment