Monday 1 April 2019

Quarterly Wrap-Up // January-March 2019

I'm back! It's been a stressful few months, but I'm finally free of my dissertation! I hope you have all had a positive 2019 so far, and hopefully you will see me being more active on here in the coming months now that my life is no longer entirely consumed by one project.

Despite being super uni-focused since the start of the year, I did get to read quite a lot of books. I didn't expect to read very much, but between audiobooks and graphic novels I managed to get to 22 on my Goodreads challenge, all in the space of 3 months. I am really looking forward to having the emotional and mental capacity to read physical books again though - it's been so long and I miss it a lot.

My absolute favourite read so far this year is stuck between two books that are incredibly different. The first is The Help, which I adored. The audiobook narration was absolutely lovely, and although the novel had it's flaws I thoroughly enjoyed it. My other favourite was volume 1 of The Adventure Zone. This graphic novel was adapted from the podcast of the same name, and it absolutely did it justice. TAZ has brought me so much joy ever since I discovered it, and it made me so happy to re-visit my chaotic boys in a new form.



Reading Wrap Up
Books marked with a heart were my favourites 💖
  • Beloved by Toni Morrison (audiobook) - ★★★☆☆
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker (audiobook) - ★★★☆☆
  • Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by R.L. Stevenson (audiobook) - ★★★☆☆
  • The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole - ★★★☆☆
  • The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson (audiobook) - ★★★☆☆
  • Runaways Deluxe Vol 1 by Brian K. Vaughan - ★★★☆☆
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - ★★☆☆☆
  • 💖My Hero Academia (Vol 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) by Kohei Horikoshi - ★★★★☆
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl - ★★★★☆
  • Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (audiobooks) (books 1, 2, 3) - ★★★☆☆
  • 💖The Adventure Zone: Here There Be Gerblins - ★★★★★
  • 💖The Help by Kathryn Stockett (audiobook) - ★★★★★
  • The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (audiobook) - ★★☆☆☆
  • Art in the Blood by Bonnie MacBird - ★★★☆☆
Post Wrap-Up
  • My 2018 in Books - I list my favourite books of the year along with some stats and blog talk
  • Blog Plans for 2019 - talking about life things and why I went on a blogging break
What have you been reading lately? Have you found any new favourites? Have you read any of the books I read or are any of them on your TBR? Tell me your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment