Tuesday 8 September 2015

Top 10 Tuesday: Finished Series I have Yet to Finish


Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Today's topic is finished book series that I have yet to finish (those marked with * are ones that I definitely intend on finishing):


1. Artemis Fowl by Eion Colfer*
I read these books so long ago, and yet the final one is sitting on my shelf collecting dust for no good reason.

2. Divergent by Veronica Roth
I was spoiled for a part of Allegiant which has put me off reading it. I feel as though I've moved on from the series, but I may come back to it at some point.

3. Gone by Michael Grant
I assume the series is finished but there were so many books that I have no clue! I read the first two, but I don't know if I want to sit through the rest as they were all very long.

4. Eragon by Christopher Paolini
Another series I was put off because of how long winded it was.

5. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken*
I loved the first book, and I'm hoping to read the rest this year.

6. Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle*
I have yet to read all the Holmes stories.

7. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I only have the prequel to read, but after my utter disappointment with the third book, I think I will put this one off for now. I still plan on watching all of the movies though!

8. The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa
I cared very little for the first book, so I do not plan on reading the rest

9. Holes by Louis Sachar*
I loved Holes and although Small Steps was released in 2006, I still haven't read it.

10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Loved the writing style, but the story? Not as much. I may continue the series as all three books are patiently sitting on my self, waiting to be read.

6 comments:

  1. I need to START Artemis Fowl! *hides in a hole of shame* and omg, I can't imagine feeling like reading Allegiant if it was spoiled. :( I find, like, zero motivation to read books that have been spoiled for me, for some reason. I LOVED Gone! But I agree they were a bit long winded. xD There's 6 of them and they're all out now. *nods*
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been so long since I've read Artemis Fowl, but from what I remember it was great! I'm the same about spoiled books - once I know what happens there is nothing left to motivate me.
      I love your TTT - there are so many series' you listed that I really want to start but I haven't gotten the chance yet because of the series' I'm in the middle of haha. The curse of the never ending tbr pile :)

      Delete
  2. The second and third books of The Darkest Minds are both amazing! And yeah, I think Allegiant is pretty awful even if it's not spoiled. I skipped the Maze Runner prequel since I didn't enjoy the last two in the series. (My friend claims it's terrible and has nothing much to do with the series, so I doubt I'm missing much...) I had the same problem with Eragon--that book could easily have been made two hundred pages shorter. I ended up DNFing the second book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Never Fade recently and thought it was good, but I don't know when I will have the chance to read book 3. From what I've heard, the general opinion of Allegiant among readers is pretty poor which reassures me in my descision not to finish it! I didn't mind The Scorch Trials but it definitely felt less exciting than TMR did, but considering how much I adored the first book I thought The Death Cure was just plain bad. With Eragon I gave up midway though book 3 - I just couldn't take it anymore. As much as I love long books, I think the same story could've been told much more quickly without taking out any important scenes.

      Delete
  3. ah yes, Sherlock Holmes... i forgot about him! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Holmes seems to always escape my memory too - which is bad since I have a 5,000 word project on him!

      Delete