Friday 30 September 2016

September Wrap Up // LGBTQIA Reads (and rereads!)

This month I tried to add some books to the reading challenges I have been participating in this year, one of which is to read more LGBTQIA books. I didn't read quite as much as I hoped, but I think that's to be expected now that the academic year has begun anew.

Reading Wrap Up

Book Haul
  • A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
  • The Land of Stories: An Author's Odyssey by Chris Colfer

Other Favourites
  • Over the Garden Wall - a genius animated mini series that is equally sweet and mildly horrifying.
  • Stranger Things - an 80s based supernatural horror series on Netflix that I am now obsessed with.
  • Bullet Journaling - I've gotten back into keeping a bullet journal and I forgot how fun it was to feel so organised! I might do a post in the following months about what I write in my bullet journal if you're interested to see it.

Post Wrap Up

2 comments:

  1. Ari and Dante was such a good book :O Their development as characters, that angsty middle and the resolution...everything was just so good to read <3
    Pity you didn't love Scarlet though! I recently borrowed it out, because I figured I might try to get back onto reading that series, but mmm...I'll put off reading Scarlet for just a bit longer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Ari and Dante to pieces - it's sweet and simple yet so real which is why it's one of the few books I've actually reread!
      Don't take my dislike of Scarlet too much to heart - most people adore this series! I just found the writing bland but I am one of the small minority who thinks so. I might get back into the series later when I run out of things to read (although I don't think that's possible!)

      Delete