Friday 1 December 2017

November Wrap Up

My reading wrap up makes the number of books I've read this November look far more impressive than it actually is! Three of the books I read were short stories (I read them all in one day!), plus one play (which I also read in a day), and a novel that was under 200 pages (read in a few days). But I'm happy to keep the illusion up that I'm doing a lot of reading!

What I'm not happy about is what I'm reading. The constant consumption of university-asigned books has made me reach my breaking point. The books I've rated 1 star are all rated as such because I felt apathetic towards all of them. It could be the fact that it's just reached that point in the semester where my energy starts to run low. But there have been a couple of books I've read for my classes that I have really enjoyed, which suggests that maybe I just don't like the others regardless of the fact that I have to read them.

Sorry there's no nice picture for the header of this wrap up. I've had to return most of the books I read this month to the library and wasn't able to take any cute book pictures for them.


Reading Wrap Up
  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides - ★★★★☆
  • Kew Gardens by Virginia Woolf - ★☆☆☆☆
  • The Garden Party by Katherine Mansfield - ★☆☆☆☆
  • Odour of Chrysanthemums by D.H. Lawrence - ★☆☆☆☆
  • Oleanna by David Mamet - ★☆☆☆☆
  • Written on the Body by Jeanette Winterson - ★★★☆☆
  • Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh - ★☆☆☆☆
  • Middlemarch by George Eliot - ★★★☆☆

Post Wrap Up

What did you read this month? Did you have any favourites? Have you read any of the books I read or are any of them on your TBR? Tell me your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. I read ONE book in all of November, so your Wrap Up is much better than mine, even if most were short stories. I'm sorry you didn't love some of the books you read this month. I hope December goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sophie! I hope your December reading goes well for you too!!

      Delete