Tuesday 29 December 2015

Top 10 Tuesday: Most Anticipated 2016 Releases

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is my most anticipated book releases for 2016:


1. The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater
This is by far my most anticipated book release for 2016. I'm so upset that I got invested in this series so late - I don't want it to be over. But I am also incredibly curious to see where the characters end up finding themselves and seeing if prophecies will be fulfilled.

2. Half Lost (Half Bad Trilogy #3) by Sally Green
I am not as invested in this series - in fact I've only read the first book, but Half Bad was an intriguing introduction to the series. I'm hoping to enjoy Half Wild enough that I want to continue, but if there is not more wold building or character development then I may have to put this series to the side.

3. Untitled (Throne of Glass #5) by Sarah J. Maas
The next book in the series doesn't even have a name yet - that is how excited I am. The Throne of Glass series has so many strong and well developed characters and an almost Tolkien-esque level of world building that is far beyond what would be expected for a YA series.

4. Untitled (The Land of Stories #5) by Chris Colfer
Another untitled book I am waiting for in eager anticipation. This is a lovely series that I've spoken about a countless number of times, and I cannot wait to add another beautifully illustrated hard back cover to my collection.

5. Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard
I had mixed feelings about Red Queen, primarily because of the lack of world building and lack of a feature that would make it stand out from anything else I've read. But things got very interesting at the end of the book and I loved the characters (even the ones I probably shouldn't) so I intend on reading the sequel to confirm my opinions.

6. The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
I have heard only good things about this book. And okay, the original copy was published in 2015, but it is getting published with a new cover in 2016 and Netgalley kindly provided me with an ARC, so I think it counts as a 2016 release.
How much are you looking forward to the upcoming 2016 releases? I'm mostly looking forward to continuations of series' I've read, but do you have any stand alone books you're looking forward to?

5 comments:

  1. The Raven King was on my list this week too. Cannot wait for it to finally be released!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/top-ten-tuesday-37/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited! I only just read the first few books this summer, but I feel the need to read them all again before The Raven King is released.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of the series you mentioned yet. I plan to, just haven't gotten around to it ... THE ART OF BEING NORMAL sounds like a good one.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! I don't know anyone who has read The Art of Being Normal, but the Goodreads reviews seem mostly positive and I've seen it in my local bookstore many times, so I am interested to read it.

      Delete
  3. We share The Raven King and Half Lost! Great picks!

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete