Thursday 31 December 2015

December Wrap Up: Surprise Parties and Birthday Book Hauls

Monthly Favourites has been renamed Monthly Wrap Up! The layout will be a little different, but the content will stay mostly the same. This is where I wrap up my reading, book hauls and other loves I have discovered by the end of the month!

Reading Wrap Up
  • Demon Road by Derek Landy - 3 stars - Read My Review
  • Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard - 3.5 stars - Read My Review
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - 4 stars - Read My Review
  • The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell - 5 stars - Read My Review
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by JK Rowling - 4 stars

Book Haul
  • Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
I had heard a lot about Red Queen, but I didn't plan on reading it until I found it under a pile of books in The Works for £1.99. Having only been published this year the price would normally be so much higher so of course I couldn't say no.
  • Hollow Earth #1 & #2 by John and Carole E. Barrowman
Following my visit to The Works, I did a full website search that week to see if there were any other books I had been longing for. My search led me to the Hollow Earth series and I bought the first 2 - also for £1.99 each! The Works is a glorious place.
  • Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor
Welcome to Night Vale was my first podcast that started me off in a spiral of listening to ALL THE PODCASTS. I've been listening to it for the past two or three years now and it has come so far. I won the book in a Goodreads giveaway and I expect it to be just as weird as the podcast I love.
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
My friend Amy got me this georgeous copy of Jane Eyre for my birthday. Seriously, it even smells beautiful.  I find it so easy to get caught up in exclusively reading books published within my lifetime because that's what everyone is talking about, so I have planned to increase my reading of classics in 2016.
  • Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
This book has been on my TBR since way before it was published and now thanks to my friend Jenny, it is finally in my hands!
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
My friend Iram got me Fangirl for my birthday. What I like about the premise is that unlike most YA contemporaries, it is set when the characters are college/uni age which is not something I see often.

Other Favourites
  • My Birthday + Surpise Party
My birthday was amazing thanks to my beautiful family and friends. I had no plans of having a party, but the surprise party was more of a shock than it should've been! My friend Ellie and I spent the whole day out together and not once did it occur to me that she was stalling as the party was being set up - not even when she literally brought up the topic of surprise parties. I was completely oblivious, and now my friends have a picture of my shocked reaction to blackmail me with.

Post Catch Up

No comments:

Post a Comment