Tuesday 26 January 2016

TTT // Fictional Characters that I can Relate To

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme was a freebie, so I decided that you all must hear about some of the fictional characters that I relate to. I am rarely able to pick favourite characters from shows and books, but I often find that even long after a show or a book series has ended, some characters just stick with me. So although these character aren't necessarily all of my favourites, I do love them.
1. Hermione Granger


You probably all expected this. This is Hermione Granger - the brightest young witch of her age! Of course she would be on this list. She is intelligent and cares so much for her friends, and I found her the most relatable when I first read the Harry Potter books.


2. Ron Weasley


I don't know when my love for Ron grew, but it was definitely after I read the books for the first time. For a main character I think people don't value him much, but his loyalty to his friends was incredible.


3. Neville Longbottom


None of the characters initially pay much attention to Neville. He didn't feel as though he deserved to be a Gryffindor and I think many of the other character thought the same. As a kid I was Neville. So to see him have the character arc he did was really inspirational for me. TV Tropes also classifies him as an ISFJ which is also my Myers Briggs Personality Type (if you need any more proof as to how similar we are).

4. Kieren Walker


If you haven't seen In The Flesh, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Stop reading, turn around now, and watch all 9 episodes. Or don't. They are super dark and super sad. I think the UK rating is an 18. Kieren is a cutie, though. He's an artist who grows to be more confident in what he is throughout the show. He seems calm and quiet at first but when it comes to defending himself and the people he cares about he will make himself heard.

5. Allison Argent


Allison Argent from Teen Wolf was everything I aspired to be. She wasn't a typical girly girl, partly because that's not who she was and also because she was scared to be. She made sure people took her seriously and presented confidence even when she didn't feel it. Her emotions and responses were so human and real which is why I idolised her so much. I didn't enjoy Teen Wolf season 4 for many reasons and I haven't watched the show since, but Allison is something about the show I can never criticise.

8 comments:

  1. I think Hermione is smarter than me, so I would aspire to be like her. ;) And I don't think anyone predicted how great Neville was going to be in the end. Pretty sly of JK Rowling, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also feel like Hermione is much smarter than me which is why I admire her as a character, but I like to think I'm like her in the sense that she prefers to keep to the rules, but challenges them when she sees differently.
      I never considered how vital Neville was to the series either which is part of what makes him a great character.

      Delete
  2. Fun topic! I think I'd relate most to Hagrid from the Harry Potter series :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great idea! I wish that I were as smart as Hermione! Probably not though, because then I would be tempted to take over the world. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And what's wrong with taking over the world? I say go for it!

      Delete
  4. Hermione would top my list, too, I think! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete