Friday 12 February 2016

Signed Books

Book signings are the best. I scan through the events page on the Waterstones website far more than the average person ought to, because book signings are just so fun. Not only do you get to meet authors you admire, but you also get to meet people with your shared love for reading, which I often find more memorable than the signing itself. I'm here to give a little tour of some of my signed books.



Storm Runners by Barbara Mitchell Hill & Aggie Lichen: Pilp Collector by Debra J. Edwards
These were a couple of my first signed books. I got them from when some authors visited my primary school years ago and still have them to this day. I also have signed copies of the rest of the Aggie Lichen series because the author gave signed copies to my local store.

Struck by Lightning & The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer (2013)
The Chris Colfer book signing was my very first book signing. It was the day before GCSE mocks, but my friends and I didn't care. As fans of pretty much all of Colfer's work, it was really overwhelming to finally meet him. We got to the Waterstones in Bluewater at an absurdly early time and were still no where near the front of the seemingly endless line of other fans. The signing wasn't even until much later and we didn't actually get our books signed until midday. Despite the long wait, it was absolutely worth it and I have such positive memories of that day.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (2013)
My friend is currently borrowing my copy so it's not pictured above, but it is by far my most damaged book because I've lended it to so many people. It was at the same Waterstones about a week after the Chris Colfer book signing, and was far less hectic. I didn't go with any friends this time, but I actually made some new ones that day and it was another great experience.

Grace's Guide by Grace Helbig (2015)
I was a new fan of Grace's YouTube channel, so when my friend asked if I wanted to go to her book signing I obviously said yes. It was also at the Waterstones in Bluewater (which is apparently the number one place to go for book signings) and we got there pretty early again. My friends and I spent our time in the queue making terrible puns and watching Grace's movie with Hannah Hart and Mamrie Hart, Camp Takota. Grace was as funny in real life as she is in her videos and we took a series of awesome selfies.

In Real Life by Joey Graceffa (2015)
Different Waterstones this time! My friends and I spent the day walking around London and getting Bubble Tea before the actual signing began in the middle of the day. I remember the queue time being significantly shorter for this signing which was good because it was a very hot day. Joey was ill on this day but he still came and took selfies with all of us.
Have you had any amazing book signing experiences? Do you plan on going to any in 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment