Wednesday 1 March 2017

February Wrap Up // a ton of boring plays and amazing novels

This February I read an epic total of 13 books. That's more than I've ever done in one month. Ever. And a huge improvement of January's pathetic 4 (one of which was a DNF). The majority of them were plays I needed to read for class, which I wanted to get out of the way ASAP. I didn't really enjoy any of them which was a disappointment, but as plays they were thankfully pretty short, and have really helped boost my reading challenge for this year. As for the books I read of my own free will, they were all fantastic! I wrote reviews for all of them, but this definitely won't be the last of you hearing about them from me.



Reading Wrap Up

Book Haul
  • Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (free kindle edition for studies)
  • Heartbreak House by George Bernard Shaw (2nd hand for studies)
  • The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles (2nd hand for studies)
  • Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson (2nd hand because it's a fave I didn't own)
  • Quicksilver by R.J. Anderson (2nd hand because it's a fave I didn't own)
  • A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab (preordered)
Post Wrap Up

4 comments:

  1. I haven't started the a darker shade of magic series yet but I'm so excited to start it because I can marathon them all! I'm really excited to read the hate u give as soon as I get my hands on it as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This is a great series to marathon - I reread books 1 and 2 before jumping onto the 3rd and it was great! Also definitely get your hands on THUG because the hype is worth it :D

      Delete
  2. *Squeals* I love the A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC series (granted, I'm only halfway through the third book). I think Schwab is so talented with developing her characters and giving them distinct personalities and fleshy character arcs. Her world-building in that series is really something. I also really, really loved THE HATE U GIVE. Looks like you had a good reading month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Fascinating world concepts are Schwab's strength, but the characters and stories are just as wonderful and engaging. Also yes, The Hate You Give is fabulous and I'm so happy it's now #1 on the NYT bestseller list!

      Delete