Monday 31 December 2018

Quarterly Wrap-Up // October-December 2018

Happy holidays everyone! These past three months have been rather stressful. I'm in my final year of university and have a dissertation to write alongside other essays and assessments, and I don't feel ready. I know I will get it all done and that I will do well, but the difficult part is always the journey of getting there.


Reading Wrap-Up
Links will take you to my review of that book 😊
I read so many good books in October and November, some of my favourites being Broken Things, Astrophysics, the Sidekick Squad series, and the Villains series. My December books were less enjoyable, probably due to a combination of winter blues and having started my uni reading for next semester. But on the whole it's been a good few months. 

Post Wrap-Up
  • Big Books That You Can Speed Through Effortlessly - Like many people, I'm often put off by a book when it is really big. But for this Top 10 Tuesday post, I talk about some big books where I found the pages absolutely flew by.
  • Creepy Books That Aren't Too Scary - As a human marshmallow, I cannot tolerate the horror genre. But for some reason, I LOVE it when my books get creepy. For this post, I talk about my favourite dark (and only mildly unsettling) books.
  • Books I'm Voting for in the Goodreads Choice Awards 2018 - The results are finally out! But if you were wondering which lovely books had my vote for this years' Goodreads Choice, check out this post where I share my favourites.
  • Favourite Fictional Siblings - Sibling angst is probably my favourite trope. I love reading books that have strong and messy relationships at their core, but for some reason, if those characters are siblings I am instantly sold. In this post I talk about some of the best sibling dynamics I've seen in books, TV, and in podcasts.
  • Latest Love // Favourite Films of 2018 - I am far from a film expert, so don't judge me if my tastes seem weird and varying. But I thought December would be the perfect time of year to share some of the best films I've watched in 2018.
  • 2018 Book Haul - I bought far too many books this year oops. I broke all of the restrictions I set myself and hoarded as many as I could. I was an unstoppable force. Hopefully I will actually stick to my budget next year.

What have you been reading lately? Have you found any new favourites? Have you read any of the books I read or are any of them on your TBR? Tell me your thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your dissertation! I remember doing mine, and it was really tough, so I definitely sympathise. But I'm sure you'll get through it and do really well.
    I'm glad you liked Vicious, as I read that a while back and loved it, but I still haven't read Vengeful, so hopefully I'll get to that soon! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I hope you enjoy Vengeful as much as you did Vicious! Have a lovely new year :)

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with uni and your dissertation! I recently read Vengeful as well and enjoyed it a lot (also the cover redesigns are absolutely BEAUTIFUL, oh my goodness). I've been meaning to read Not Your Sidekick and Not Your Villain for such a long time but somehow haven't got round to it yet... Hopefully 2019 will be the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eve! I adore the new cover designs. I told myself I didn't need a second copy of Vicious but I couldn't resist when I saw it.
      The Sidekick Squad series is so lovely! The characters are adorable and I love how diverse and queernormative the universe is. If you get a chance to read them I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete